3/01/2010

Homemade Sugar Scrub

I went to a bridal shower yesterday for a friend and scored some awesome goodies in the gift bag. It was the usual I guess but my foot lotion was low and my pumice was worn so they were sorely needed and appreciated (by my feet!). And I thought that I wanted to treat my dry, dry hands after this long, cold winter to some TLC too, but I am lacking the funds.

I was in complete luck to find a mix for homemade hand softening sugar scrub! I want to try The Perfect Homemade Sugar Scrub posted on Chase N Kids in January by a mom who is also in Alaska - neat!

I love sugar scrubs and my favorite used to be one that cost $30 but since I've cut out all luxuries, I have been going without for awhile now and my hands are chaffing in the cold!

Here's the mix:

Sassy Brown Sugar Scrub
::insert screams and applause here::
1 cup –  Light Brown Sugar
1 cup – Pure Cane Sugar
¾ cup – light olive oil
2 tsp. – cinnamon, powdered
2 tsp. – ginger, powdered
2 tsp. – nutmeg, powdered
1 16 oz. – glass container with lid
Cinnamon sticks, optional


The beautiful thing here is that this works on your face as well! I don't know yet, but I'll edit in my reaction when I finish with this.
 
Back to all the fun preschool stuff I have planned for Elijah and Moni-moo-moo...

Love, Amanda & the Cubs

No comments:

Post a Comment