9/29/2010

Rarer, Classic Character Halloween Costume Ideas

It's autumn, again. It's already below freezing at night and we're scrapin' off our car windows in the morning here in Alaska (well, not me; I watch from the window :) ) so we know winter is almost here. 



Although I know most people don't have that experience, especially my cousin who's melting in over 100 degree weather in San Diego, I still call it Autumn because that's what most people think it is now. But the winter and its holidays are approaching, and my first favorite is closing in faster than I realize: Halloween!

Most classic characters are easy to find: Tom and Jerry, Snoopy, Tweety Bird, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, etc. but a few of my favorites have been neglected. I managed to find some I miss and like a lot.

    ****Remember reading Charlie Brown comics on a lazy Sunday?  How about Dennis the Menace?

    ****How about tapping your shoes together repeating "There's no place like home?"

    ****Older folks might have enjoyed Felix the Cat? Was older correct, or should I have put more experienced? Even more experienced might get a kick out of Charlie Chaplin.

    ****I remember being encouraged to eat more spinach like Popeye (scroll down a bit for this one).

    ****I couldn't find one, but I really wish someone would make a Ziggy outfit - he was such a cute little guy.

    ****And don't forget about your dog's high aspirations.


Anyway, I'm still pondering what to dress up my little ones like. I like unusual, homemade costumes, so we'll see what I can come up with in the next few weeks here.

Love,
Amanda and Cubs

No comments:

Post a Comment